My recent discoveries in Munich for breakfast are:
- Mi Piace - a cafeteria like you would find in Italy or in Spain, and maybe in France since they have a "French breakfast" in their menu. I always go there when I'm in Schwabing.
- Cafe Königin 43 - is a large cafe by the Englischer Garten with a quiet and lovely outdoor terrace and great choice of eggs and muesli.
- Dinatale Cafe - is a tiny cafe with only three tables inside and three in the outside. It looks "Schikimicki" but it is actually very affordable. My favorite is granola with yogurt!
And my old favorites:
- Obori - is a home made cake shop and bakery in Haidhausen with exactly two tables. It has a sort of french style that reminds me to a local boulangerie in Paris, although the place is run by a young Japanese couple. I went there with a friend for a coffee and clients kept coming in to buy their recently-baked breads.
- The Victorian House - is a place for the British culture lovers in the heart of Munich. Decorated like a traditional London tea room, they serve breakfast, brunches, business lunches, British mid-afternoon tea and early dinners (it is opened until 9pm). It will take you a while until you are able to choose one option from their breakfast menu: all sounds so delicious!